Understanding the Food Pyramid
Top Shelf foods are high in fat, sugar and salt, are not essential for health and taken in excess can be harmful.
Fats and oils are essential, but only in small amounts,
The foods and drinks on the bottom 4 shelves of the Food Pyramid are essential for good health.
- Cold-Drink, Ice-cream, Chocolete, biscuits, Chips
- Butter, Ghee, Oil, Cream
- Chiken, Nuts, Eggs, Green Peace, Fish
- Milk, Cheese, Butter, Yogurt
- Fruits: Apple, Banana, Orange, Salad, Juice, Beans, Carrot, Tomato, Broccoli
- Bread, Wheat Bread, Pasta, Rice, Oats, Corn, Potato